Request A Rescue Mission
* IMPORTANT PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING *
How does this work?
Disclaimer: THIS IS A DO-IT-YOURSELF TRANSPORT BOARD. PILOTS TO THE RESCUE CAN NOT GUARANTEE, BE HELD LIABLE, OR TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE VOLUNTEERS OR THE ANIMALS.
Instructions: Please submit your rescue request via the provided form below. The request will be reviewed by our team, and if approved, will be sent out to our network of volunteer pilots/drivers. At that point, the pilot(s) and/or driver(s) will "bid" on the leg(s) they wish to transport. You can have direct communication with these volunteers through the transport board. Our staff will help when necessary.
- Please ONLY post the transport of animals that are in danger and/or at risk of being euthanized. Do NOT post requests to transport personal pets.
- You MUST have a recipient shelter for PTTR to do a transport. If you don't have a shelter, please view find a shelter.
- PTTR CAN'T be compensated to transport animals (although donations are welcome). All our volunteers are doing this in their own time and out of their own pocket. Direct compensation is strictly prohibited by the FAA.
- Requests that are less than 500 miles one-way are going to have the best chance of success (otherwise it will require multiple pilots/drivers). Consider driving yourself (or finding drivers) to go part of the way to accommodate our volunteer pilots/drivers that are unwilling to go the whole distance. We encourage you to adopt an animal locally, however, if you are planning on adopting an animal out of state, please check the shelter adoption procedure BEFORE requesting transport and make sure the animal has been pulled from the shelter and you are already approved. We would prefer that you DON'T post rescues of international animals. They have a low chance of transport success, and we still have our own problems in the USA with euthanizing animals. Bringing in more animals from abroad contributes to this problem.
If you have further questions, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org